It’s that time of the year where store windows are decorated with glittery hearts and inspirational romantic quotes fill up your Facebook feed. Yes, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we at ImageThink are sending love and gratitude to our family, friends, colleagues and clients. In the spirit of the holiday, ImageThink blog conducted an interview of our team members of their favorite movie quotes that expresses the sentiment of love. And better yet: since we are a group of visual thinkers and graphic recorders, we illustrated them. Could you find one that resonates with you the most? Scroll down to find out.
- “There’s so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can’t take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.”
-Ricky Fitts, American Beauty
2. “Miracles. Events with astronomical odds of occurring, like oxygen turning into gold. I’ve longed to witness such an event, and yet I neglect that in human coupling, millions upon millions of cells compete to create life, for generation after generation until, finally, your mother loves a man, Edward Blake, the Comedian, a man she has every reason to hate, and out of that contradiction, against unfathomable odds, it’s you – only you – that emerged. To distill so specific a form, from all that chaos. It’s like turning air into gold.”
-Dr Manhattan, Watchmen
3. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.”
-Christian, Moulin Rouge
4. “The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That’s guaranteed. I can’t begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday’s my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a really lucky guy.”
-Pat, Silver Linings Playbook
5. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.”
-Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
6. “Cara mia.” “Mon cher!”
-Gomez and Morticia, The Addams Family
7. “Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It’s a perfect moment. A soft light, a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind overcomes her.”
What is your favorite movie quote for Valentine’s Day, and would you like to try and illustrate it? Check out ImageThink’s 5 Easy Steps Drawing on our blog for simple drawing tips,
, including how to draw a cupcake, Cupid, unicorn and a martini, and more.
Happy Valentine’s Day!