At ImageThink, we’re passionate about using visuals to unlock innovation, facilitate collaboration and increase understanding among groups – all of which are mission-critical to building a business in the 21st Century. Chances are that if you’re reading this, you’re also interested in those objectives and how graphic recording and facilitation techniques can help you achieve them. You’re not alone. The following is our list of recommended books from our visual library for the visually savvy business leader.
- A Whole New Mind In this visual book, Dan Pink articulates the forces at the heart of an exciting paradigm shift in business and the economy. He argues that “left-brain” skills are now commodified, giving rise to a world where “right-brain” qualities like inventiveness, empathy, and meaning will give individuals and companies the competitive edge.
- Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures and Blah Blah Blah: What to Do When Words Don’t Work. These two classic visual books by Dan Roam really break down why pictures work, how to translate complex and abstract ideas into simple images, and the elements of “vivid” ideas that incorporate both visual and verbal elements.
- Visual Leaders and Visual Meetings. Dave Sibbet is one of the best-known graphic facilitators and an early innovator of the medium. He has put together two great visual books for using visual tools to increase understanding and productivity specifically in relation to teams and leadership.
- Business Model Generation This popular visual book by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur became an instant classic upon it’s release in 2010. Using design thinking and a method that was co-developed with over 470 practitioners, it provides a step-by-step, visual process for designing game-changing business models.
- Gamestorming The author-team of this visual book set out to answer the question: how do you enable creative thinking and innovation? The answer was by playing games. This handbook, a great complement to Visual Meetings, provides 80 games that break down barriers, increase communication and generate ideas for teams of all sizes.
You may also like:
- 12 Meeting Problems You Can Solve with Graphic Facilitation, the ImageThink blog
- The Miseducation of the Doodle by Sunni Brown, A List Apart
- 4 Tools For More Visual Meetings, the ImageThink blog
Don’t see a favorite visual business book here? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to our visual library.