ImageThinking at the World Maker Faire
October 11, 2012
Rain clouds and a power failure on the 7 train didn’t dissuade Make magazine fans 55,000 from the annual World Maker Faire in Queens this month. We were stationed in the New York Hall of Science Auditorium to scribe over two dozen presentations from some of the brightest maker minds. Kelly scribed in front of a packed house for marketing guru Seth Godin. Our newest team member, Virginia Smith, jumped right in to the deep end and graphic recorded presentations by Chris Anderson of MakerBot and Mason Peck, chief technologist at NASA, to name just a couple. We were really proud to take home one of the Editor’s Choice ribbons. The Editor’s Choice Ribbons are given out by the Maker Faire organizers to “Makers that have demonstrated great creativity, ingenuity and innovation for their Maker Faire project.”
- Take a look at this gallery of all of our boards from World Maker Faire
- Grab a mug or a t-shirt featuring Maker Faire graphics at our SmugMug shop.
- Follow Maker Faire’s YouTube channel — look for full videos of all the talks in the next couple weeks.
- NPR’s feature on Maker Faire New York
- Maker Faire’s slideshow of the presentation stages