Announcing SXnotes for SXSW 2013!
February 26, 2013
We are thrilled to announce that this year ImageThink is returning to SXSW for a new partnership: SXnotes.SXnotes is an initiative to celebrate and encourage visual notetaking at SXSW. In addition to creating visual notes of selected sessions ourselves, we’ll be tapping into the community of sketchnoters in attendance to share session notes via a SXnotes Flickr group and tweet them using the #sxnotes hashtag.Each day during Interactive, our team will select some of the community’s sketchnotes to be featured via the daily recap on the SXSW blog.For the past 3 years, ImageThink has created visual summaries of SXSW Interactive sessions through graphic recording, working in our typical fashion on large boards at the front of the room. Visual notes or “sketchnotes” also capture a session’s content in a combination of words and images but on a smaller scale, typically in a notebook.
If you’re a sketchnoter, you can participate by:
- Joining the SXnotes Flickr group and sharing images of your sketchnotes during the conference.
- Tweeting images of your sketchnotes as soon as you’ve finished a session using #SXnotes
- Sharing your notes quickly — we’ll be watching closely for great images to share with the SXSW team for the community recap blog post each day.
If you’re not a sketchnoter you can participate by:
- Browsing the session notes on the SXnotes Flickr Group
- Following the #SXnotes hashtag and re-tweeting your favorites
- Telling your sketchnoting friends about the SXnotes initiative